A little about me!

Hello! I am a Christian housewife who loves her husband. I love being a housewife and would love to add the title of "mommy" to my life. This blog is my journey to that. It is also about things I do as a housewife: cooking, cleaning, couponing, crafting, and just married life in general. Feel free to make comments, as I love them!! I will respond back you and read your blogs too! Thanks for visiting. :)
Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My 2 cents- Obamacare


Obama’s Healthcare- Supreme Court Ruling
I have such mixed emotions about this health care reform that the Supreme Court just ruled constitutional. A little background about my situation, right now I go to a free clinic. I get treated for my PCOS, hypothyroidism, and high blood pressure at the free clinic. I can’t tell you what a blessing the clinic has been for me and my husband.  The clinic took care of me when I got stung by a sting ray and needed minor foot surgery and gives me and the preventive care I need such as ultrasounds and pap smears.  The reason I was able to get minor foot surgery was because of a podiatrist that volunteered their time and supplies. We do not have a bunch of extra money; another bill would add lots of financial stress to our budget. We do not have credit cards or even car loans, but we do have lots of student debt.
The government has not spelled out exactly what this bill entails. Basically from what I understand is that insurance companies have to make insurance more affordable, Medicaid is expanding to cover more individuals, and children can stay on their parent’s health insurance until the age of 26.
The reason I don’t know exactly what this all means is because as average citizens we are only given half the story at any given time. Most media is left oriented and the right side only has a few sources. Finding just the facts is impossible and requires lot of research, luckily I try to do just that. I do NOT trust the media.
                I believe America would function better with less government. The clinic I go to is non-profit. People volunteer their time, just like I volunteer my time and resources to certain organizations. If everybody had a heart to give then the USA would be great. As I grow older, I realize the world is not a perfect, altruistic society.  Businesses want to profit and people want to skirt responsibilities such as buying health insurance if they can afford it. Who should determine if we can “afford” it? I surely do not want the government to make that decision for me. The government that spends money like it doesn’t matter, the government that thinks killing babies in the womb is ok, and the government that thinks euthanasia is ok. 
                The cost of this will affect everyone. For companies that are now required to offer healthcare will pass their cost on to their customers which will raise everyone’s cost of living. I am hoping the plan get repealed if we have different leadership next term or Obama tries to listen to the people and compromises to please both sides. I do not think everything in the bill is horrible, but the bill needs lots of work.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment