A little about me!

Hello! I am a Christian housewife who loves her husband. I love being a housewife and would love to add the title of "mommy" to my life. This blog is my journey to that. It is also about things I do as a housewife: cooking, cleaning, couponing, crafting, and just married life in general. Feel free to make comments, as I love them!! I will respond back you and read your blogs too! Thanks for visiting. :)
Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Making new friends using ASL


          I love practicing my ASL (American Sign Language). I don’t have that many opportunities to use it. Today at the dog park I met 2 ladies that were deaf. It turns out that they go to the church that I am starting to go to now. I couldn’t understand what their names were because they were Hispanic but I was able to communicate somewhat well. I learned ASL in high school and learned even more at TN Temple University.
          So many deaf people are out there that haven’t “heard” about Jesus. I am glad I can minister some small ways with my limited use of sign language. I need to brush up on it more. I want to be able to talk to my new friends. Their dog and my puppy played so well together. Maybe I could even have them over for a dog playdate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment