Day 29:
Tell us about a friendship you lost or a relationship that
changed for the worse because of infertility.
I have not lost a friendship due to infertility; I have
distanced myself from some friends though.
I have done non-discreet things like hidden a friend from my
Facebook feed or just not talk to a friend as much. I know I shouldn’t do it, but jealousy and
depression sometimes takes over. I want a baby so bad. Seeing other people,
especially people who I don’t think should have kids, really gets me upset. I know it is wrong because that is not what
God wants us to do as friends. The Bible
says, “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.” Proverbs 17:17
A loving friend doesn’t block those who have good news, but should
rejoice with them.
I know how
it feels to be on the receiving end of such treatment. I had asked a certain
friend to be my bridesmaid for my wedding. She said no because she was jealous
of me for finding love. I was disappointed and hurt. I wanted her to be part of
my special day. I am sure that is how women expecting are feeling. I am
going to try to do better.
I thought this was funny-LOL

I have distanced myself from people I was really close that are "fertile". It is hard not to hurt. Also, I work as a social worker! I see daily people who should not have babies. So, I get from everyone "Gods Plan", it makes me angry. Maybe Gods plan was for them to wake up and finally live and do good for another person but their own hang ups prevent them from truly caring for that gift. But God planned for me to be infertile? Maybe, so when I have a baby I appreciate them more. I rationalize to keep me sane!
ReplyDelete