A little about me!

Hello! I am a Christian housewife who loves her husband. I love being a housewife and would love to add the title of "mommy" to my life. This blog is my journey to that. It is also about things I do as a housewife: cooking, cleaning, couponing, crafting, and just married life in general. Feel free to make comments, as I love them!! I will respond back you and read your blogs too! Thanks for visiting. :)
Powered by Blogger.

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My 2 cents on the AZ immigration law


Arizona Immigration Law Passes the Supreme Court
The Supreme Court ruled that Arizona CAN help uphold the federal law. Arizona will be checking for proper documentation when making traffic stops and such.  Overall I believe the immigration policy needs to be greatly improved. America is a great country; many people come here because of that.  The three things I would like seen with the immigration policy in the USA are easier ways to become a citizen, deporting illegal immigrants that commit crimes, and strengthening our borders.
                I am not 100 percent sure of how someone becomes an American citizen, but if so many people are skipping the process we should look at that. Jay leno always tests American’s knowledge of our history using many of the questions used on the immigration tests. Either that is a letdown of our education system or they are asking questions that really don’t matter.  I have had friends though that have studied hard and cried with joy when they became legal citizens.
                I think illegal immigrants that commit crimes should be deported. Why should our tax dollars pay for their medical care, housing, and court costs in our prison system?   If they can’t come to this country and then respect our laws, then send them home.  People come here for opportunity to become better, right? We do not need higher crime rates. We need people that add to our greater purpose.
                Strengthening our borders would help greatly reduce the amount of illegal immigrants. Other than reduce illegal immigrants it would also reduce the amount of illegal drugs that come into our country.
                I am afraid of racial profiling that some cops would do. I don’t believe the theory that people are afraid of immigrants.  I am afraid of a country that can’t stand by the laws it creates.  People create laws for a reason.  Illegal immigrants get paid less because the law is not protecting them with equal pay.  There are many more reasons for illegal immigrants to get legal.
                I live in Florida and now there is a commotion about illegal immigrant voters.  Some people want to take out their registrations for the upcoming elections. I fully agree with that. If you are not a citizen, then you can’t vote. If you walk into certain clubs as a guest, you can’t vote. If you are not a member of a family, you don’t get a vote in that family meeting. I don’t want non-citizens deciding how this country is run.

No comments:

Post a Comment